Friday, March 25, 2011

Chapter 6

The streets were empty today. Everyone is at the carnival except for a few oddballs. There was a clown on a unicycle. The clown kept trying to put the woman on his shoulders and ride the unicycle but they kept falling down. They didn't seem to mind too. They just laughed and tried again.

It seems to me that I am always trying to get on the unicycle. All my life I have fallen down before I can even start. Falling down is all I have ever done with magic. My potions didn't work. My spells and hexes and charms have never done anything. I have never gotten a spark out of any of my staffs. And yet, I cannot stop trying. This is all I have ever done and all I ever care to do.

The art of Magic is not easily mastered. Only a very select few have the gift and even less have been able to truly control it. I know I can do this. It is only a matter of time before I can cast charms and spells at will.

No comments:

Post a Comment